Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Killing Me Slowly

The cloaked assassin is here again,
Sinister secret agendas, he plays his part
Fog carpets the summer in mystery
And winter winds chill the targets’ heart.

As the ragged, rusted knife plunges deep
And reaches the mark it was meant to meet
The clueless victim evades, with a leap
But death steps closer in every beat.

No mean murderer by no means
Cold blooded with clinical precision
There’s no escape or so it seems
None evades his eagle eyed vision.

He’s a bare knuckled fighter
He can kill with his fist
Ordinarily I’m no bait biter
But this time, I’m on his hit-list

I’m his victim, and there’s nowhere to hide
The henchman of death, and I’ll be his bride
Any cover or shelter is impossible to find
A brutal slayer; blood on his mind.
So instead of running I haplessly await
The commencement of death, I give-in to fate.
He’ll rip my heart open, and consume my soul
The world’s a stage and we play our role

I- the kill, and he my killer
I- the grain and he the miller
He and I will forever be
Joined together in history
I’m him and he is me
This is how it’ll always be.

Holding my breath, as I wait
I notice he is uncharacteristically late
Fear turns to anticipation
Revealing a hidden obsession
He will be my emancipator
And I wait silently for the liberator.
This life is a cage, and I want to fly
I wait and wait and time goes by.


Sharp minded killer, he does his job well
Breathing and waiting, I’m already in hell
I want him to take me, have no one to grieve
So he is killing me slowly by letting me live.

No comments: